Due to a closed footpath the planned walk had to be changed at the last minute so 23 members left the car park and turned left instead of right.
Walking along a quiet country road brought us to Lus Hill with extensive views over the Thames Valley toward Kempsford and Fairford. (Lus House is an exquisite neo-Georgian country house built in 1797 and during 2nd World War it housed overseas servicemen, then in 1962 was bought by a Captain Barker).
On descending the hill we found an old Drovers road which we followed to a Solar Farm.
Paralleling the ridge, which holds the village of Blunsdon, led us to a gradual slope up to a steep bank, which we scaled with the aid of some rather dilapidated steps, then back across the field to the pub for a welcome drink at the Jolly Tar pub.

Bob explains why he has changed walk (closed footpath)

At the top of Lus Hill with view towards Badbury clumps in the distance

The very impressive Lus Hill House

Coffee time

Happy group in the sun!

Heading back to Hannington
