Fourteen ramblers set out from the High Street in Badminton for a 7 mile walk . The group walked up a lane to the B4040 stopping partway to view the ancient tumulus .
Shortly after reaching the B4040 the group entered Tanners Meadow to walk to Luckington beside the infant River Avon . A refreshment stop was taken before walking through the churchyard and onto a bridle path, which brought the group out by the Old Royal Ship and onto a lane to Cherry Orchard.
From here the group continued on another rather muddy bridle path to reach a road which took the group into Little Badminton for a lunch stop in the churchyard of St Michael and All Saints. An attractive Grade 2 listed Dovecot was admired across a meadow before entering Badminton House Deer Park, which is home to the world famous horse trials. After admiring the red deer and Badminton House the group returned to the start.
The game of Badminton derives it’s name from the estate after it was introduced in 1873 by the Duke of Beaufort.

Paddling along lanes with wide ranging views

Making our way into Luckington

Badminton Park and House

Deer and Horses at Badminton

We stop near a Long Barrow and at Little Badminton church for lunch
